-
July 10th, 2000, 04:09 PM
#1
Inactive Member
So, not too long ago while I was riding my bike around town part of the frame snapped. The bike was 15 years old so while annoyed I could understand somewhat the frame breakage. So yesterday I went out to buy a new bike with the realization that technology had caught up with bikes...I just hadn't realized how far it had gone.
The first mountain bike that I looked at was pretty damn slick. It had a carbon fiber swing-arm frame with a coil-over shock (with fully adjustable perches) to support the rear swing arm and the front forks were inverted gas adjustable shocks with coil-overs as well. The breaks blew my mind too. Small 4 piston calipers with cross drilled rotors in front and in back. I don't remember the name on the bike but it was being sold as a 'competition mountain bike' and cost nearly as much as a car.
After admiring the lovely bike I pried myself away to look at something much more reasonable.
Sean
------------------
- Atomic 'Teg -
Blown '99 Milano Red GSR, IceMan CAI
DC Sports 4-1 Header, ES torque mounts
-
July 10th, 2000, 10:17 PM
#2
Inactive Member
This is another topic I can relate to, owning a bike shop and all. What did you buy?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks